Sillapää Castle

The pearl and the main tourist sight of the Räpina municipality is the majestic Sillapää castle. The late classicist main building of the manor, or the castle of Sillapää, was established in 1836–1847, when the manor belonged to R. E. von Richter. The mansion with a two-storey central part and annexes is one of the most extravagant late classicist buildings in Estonia. The castle is under national protection as an outstanding architectural ensemble.