The first apostolic Orthodox Church was built in Räpina in 1752 and was consecrated to Zachariah and Elizabeth, the parents of John the Baptist. The present elongated classicist three-part church building was built in 1827–1833. The bell tower is situated in the western part, the circular apse at the east end, the dome with the tambour in the centre. The church has a simple 19th century iconostasis. At the beginning of the 20th century, Nikolai Päts, the brother of the first president of the Republic of Estonia, was a member of the Orthodox congregation.