The first church in Räpina is thought to have been built in 1625–1636. The present church was completed in 1785 and was consecrated to the archangel Michael. Sculptures symbolising Hope and Love decorate the façade of the late baroque church. Räpina church is one of the few in Estonia with the chancel originally located in the east wall above the altar. The organ had also been on the east balcony, although the new organ balcony was built in the western wall in 1857. The organ was built for the church in 1934 by August Terkmann. The organ has 33 stops and 2244 pipes, pressing one key makes 114 pipes sound.